Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Two years in Seattle!

It is appropriate that I start to blog again. Two years ago Joseph had spinal surgery~ actually it was called de-tethering of the spinal cord. Basically Tethered Cord Syndrome is related to spinal bifida on the inside. July 29th, marks the two year date of us officially living in Seattle. The two previous months, June and July, we had stayed at the Ronald McDonald House my children correct me! :0)

Earlier this spring we really thought we were moving back to WV. Jeff was still unemployed and at that moment in time Joseph was stable. We wavered back and forth for more than two month, then God revealed His plan. We were staying in Seattle. How it all was going to work out we had no idea! Shortly thereafter Jeff secured full time employment and Joseph’s seizures returned.
Next week the children and I are going on a bittersweet trip to West Virginia. We are excited that we will be able to visit with friends and family. But the main purpose of our trip is to pack up our house and place it into storage. Renters have been found and will move in July 31st. It is great to know that a new baby will be in the nursery and our house will once again become a home. But it is just weird thinking of someone else living there. Don't get me wrong I love that the house will be a home again but it will not be our home. The girls are having a lot of feelings of trepidation. I think deep down I do as well.
Yesterday Heather flew to WV to hang out with her girlfriend, Chelsea and go to the beach. She said it was weird that she was going to WV for vacation! Yet way cool that she can now call Seattle her home. I think that after this trip to WV the girls will feel the same way. We have had our lives on hold for the past two years. We have been staying here over the past two years but I think it is time to live here. I will always be from WV but I live in Seattle!

No comments: