Saturday, August 7, 2010

Delusions of Grandeur Slept In My Head


Delusions of Grandeur Slept In My Head

Why is it that children can adjust to time differences and jet lag better than adults?
While in WV my girlfriend would come over every day just a little earlier and earlier to help us adjust to the time difference and start working on the house earlier each day. I could have easily slept till 12 or even 1pm each day no problem. Our days would not have been as productive and I sure my girlfriend would no longer be my friend! Joseph~ his little body senses light outside translating not matter the time it is time to get up! Good thing we do not live in Alaska.
Upon arriving back in Seattle exhausted, I looked forward to settling back in to the 3 hour time difference. Thinking how tired everyone was that I would get to sleep in. Joseph had stayed up late and the prospects looked good.
Boy was I delusional! At 6am I was awakened to the CHIMES of “We’re hungry!” by Emily and Joseph. I am informed proudly by Emily that she had been up since 5am. Wasn’t I glad she let me sleep in?

No comments: