Saturday, May 31, 2008

Welcome to Seattle!

After flying by grandma's farm, flight delays, and being totally exhausted, WE MADE IT! Our room has a beautiful view, we have seen a few friendly faces of families that were here back in late March. I love how the children feel totally at "home" here. They know all the nooks and crannies of the house. We are on the third floor which we like best. There is a extra den and the library is just a few doors down. We are in the first of two kitchens which we like best as well.

I cannot not get over just how exhausted I am. I feel like I could sleep for a couple of days. Joseph is caught between the two time zones. He is not going to sleep until around 8-9pm but he is getting up at 6am, arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggg!

Today we went to the aquarium with Neil, his new wife Lilly (who we had not yet met and she is darling!)and Smelly! I do not know what the kids were more excited about seeing Smelly and Neil or going to the Aquarium!

The afternoon was wonderful! Since Neil is a volunteer at the aquarium he was able to get some things out of the touch tanks for Joseph to feel. HE was not too crazy about it but he did touch them! He did not seem to mind the sea star so much. We went through fish tanks and it was great to have our own personal guide! Joseph and Neil were inseperable! They are crazy for each other and Neil is just a big kid. Lilly and Emily bonded very well as did Sarah but Emily and Lilly hung out more together which was wonderful. Barbara and Sarah hung out together and Jeff and I were able to find a minute or to for us. As per usual Joseph flipped out with the seals!

It was a great day had by all. The sun came out around 5:30 after a day of hit and miss light rain. We all headed over to the Lockspot Cafe for awesome clam chowder, fish and fries. Poor Jeff was about to pass out after he got a full tummy. One last fun stop on the way home was to Joseph's favorite spot the Seattle Troll. HE loves it!

Tomorrow it is off to the zoo!

Will post pictures as soon as I can. I killed our laptop before we moved. I was lucky enough to be able to borrow one for the RMH but it is not allowing me to upload pictures and make posts to Joseph's caringbridge

1 comment:

Kendra Allegra said...

I like your blog! You encouraged my heart today!