Sunday, May 18, 2008

Mother's Day

Dear Friends

Mother’s Day was absolutely wonderful!!!! Sarah Elizabeth planned my entire day. I was pampered with breakfast in bed, attend church, followed by brunch at one of my favorite spots, First Watch. Later Sarah and I went to Lowe’s where I was asked to choose a favorite plant to be used in a gift I would receive later in the day. I chose a beautiful pink cone flower. Later Sarah Elizabeth surprised me with a flower pot that she decorated with each of the children’s hand prints painted on. I was treated to a nap and awoke with baby pink roses on the nightstand. Heather surprised me by squeezing in a visit. She just started summer school this week and is swamped. The girls and I spent several hours snuggling and watching movies in bed our bed, what a treat! For dinner I was surprised with dinner ordered in from yummy Main Tin. Sarah Elizabeth and I both love Willow Tree Angels. She gave me a beautiful memory box with a Mom and daughter on the front. Joseph gave me a sweet gift he made at school. He actually let his teaching team paint his hands and feet and surround a tear jerking poem plus he made me a card! ;0). Heather gave me a beautiful card and my favorite chocolates. Does it get any better than that, spending time with those that you love and adore?

I cannot explain the emotions that hit me at church on Sunday. I was watching Joseph’s choir, the darling Cherubs sing and it hit me like a ton of bricks that this was our last service before move to Seattle. Suddenly I could not control the flow of tears through out the service. I looked around at the people I love and how much I was going to miss them. How they have embraced our family in love and support in so many ways.

I do have to share I am bummed we will not to be able to experience the blessings of the new leadership in our church. In the past few years our church has under gone a huge transformation and become an amazing place. Sarah Elizabeth will miss confirmation next which makes me sad. I know that God will send us to a new church where we will be welcomed with open arms. I look forward to meeting these new friends and growing in faith with them.

No comments: